21 January 2007

Round perfection


















There is one dish that accompanies and comforts me all my life - for better or for worse, in sickness and in health... my dear pancakes!

I had them from my grandma when I was little- with cottage cheese, folded in triangles and butter-fried
I begged my mum for them coming back from school on Fridays - with unbelievable homemade plum jam
I even didn'r refuse to eat them filled with meat in the school cantine

















with mince meat

I had gorgeous huge ones with whipped cream and fruits during my studies - especially when heartbroken
I had charming crepes suzettes in my lovely Paris
I had smelly 4 Kase Pankuchen (with 4 cheeses) when feeling homesick in Berlin
I had them on my longest holiday ever, in Canada - small and fluffy with blueberries hand-picked by a very caring friend :) and golden maple syrop
I often have them with spinach and garlicky cheese sauce at my favorite "Cafe Sanatorium" in Sopot.

But above all, I love to fry them, flip them, experiment with stuffings, flavors and textures...

















with cheese and tomatoe

















with strawberry icecream

Recently, I have been encharmed by and almost loyal to whole grain flour version that tastes slightly nutty and crisps more... perfect with yoghurt, mandarines and cashew nuts


















These loyalty fails sometimes when I see oat rolls and decide to make a good use of them...

















Thicker, richer and more filling... they're winter wonders!























oats version with broccoli

And after such a horrible week like this one, I'm going to go and seek my consolation in the kitchen...

6 Comments:

Blogger simon said...

look good & once again great for the taste buds and for energy!

You had a terrible week? let us know!

11:29 PM  
Blogger gagatka79 said...

hey simon
all the horrible things evaporated in the frying temperature :)
I'm glad your taste buds are so kind!

7:27 PM  
Blogger simon said...

well thats good... its frying here ( was 42c on sunday).....

10:16 PM  
Blogger simon said...

ps.. can i link to your blog? let me know! under food or bikes?.. ( for the sports!)

12:41 PM  
Blogger gagatka79 said...

simon of course, you can :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger simon said...

great ..will do!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home