08 January 2007

sweets for my sweet ones


















If somebody gets to know you're good with the hardware stuff you have all your friends bringing you their PC's and making your room look like a garage. That's what happens with my brother. And if you offer yourself just once to make a fancy dessert for the party then you are always welcome... with something sweet. That's what happened with me.

















I would be so happy to make some sort of creative aromatic pasta or fish lasagne one day but I'm stuck in whipped cream, mascarpone, jellies, chocolate and ice cream. But then when you see all your friends happy and licking the spoons... oh, there's nothing better than that!

Last weekend I had a farewell party for a friend going to Iceland for hard work. Cured shark - that's the local delicacy there. I strongly felt I needed to make him this honey-walnuts-peaches panna cotta with rum.

















I never use recepies cause they kill all my enthusiasm and creativity so I guess I won't be able to reproduce it but I hope he'll still be motivated enough to come back.























And for another friend who helped me get my snowboard gear complete I made this mighty sweet brownie layered with pineapple and refreshingly acid chantilly foam. He will be my instructor - if the snow appears finally - so I'd better start making a list of new dessert inventions...

3 Comments:

Blogger simon said...

YUM! carbs for mountain biking!

11:00 PM  
Blogger gagatka79 said...

simon It's enough for a whole triathlon ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger simon said...

I think you are right! I have a friend who does ultra marathons and 24 hour mtn bike races... he eats like this and is very fit! I don't ride as far as him but still do 50-80k rides (about 200k a week) and need to eat heaps!

:o)

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home