31 January 2007

a reason to get off the slope

















Last sunday I've done my first snowboarding this year and it was awesome! No matter how big problems appear in your life, how many things you miss every day, how much miserable or worried you feel... having the board under your feet and "flying like an angel to the sun" truly makes the difference.

But when I come home, all wet, exhausted and exhilarated, I really need something to keep me alive. So you can just imagine me opening the door and smelling the most gorgeous aroma of hot yeast pie...


















That's my mother's secret weapon to keep her children coming home ;) She doesn't use a recipe, she weighs every ingredient in her hand, she meticulously works out the dough and shouts if you just approach the huge bowl of raw mixture...

What finally comes out of the oven is sometimes a cheese strudel, sometimes a plain pie or crescents with cherries...

















Eaten still hot, with a glass of cold milk or cup of strong black tea, it is a simple delicacy that compensates fully the disstress of leaving the slope.


4 Comments:

Blogger simon said...

well, I have never snow boarded but I think a mountian bike ride in winter would make me want to eat food like this too!

Like you, my bike makes me feel great ( even if i do not feel so good)

12:37 AM  
Blogger John J. Goddard said...

It's about time for me to take a break again and be good to myself for a while. Your mother's sweets have inspired me to go and get some yeast, make something sweet and watch a samurai movie.

I can't wait to try snowboarding. Until then, there are other good ways to get wet, exhausted and exhilarated.

j

6:15 AM  
Blogger simon said...

try kayaking ;o)

7:34 AM  
Blogger gagatka79 said...

simon I think that people who know how to make the most of their time all appreciate this kind of food ;) After all there is hardly any greater pleasure than using well your energy and having a splendid feast afterwards!

John Are you trying to break my mother's monopoly for having me coming home? :) With these samurais you'll have some advantage...

And these "other good ways"... well, I could come up with a few myself ;)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home