24 February 2007

layers of indulgence

















This is a short post about simplicity. It's not that I have something against Pierre Herme and fabulous pieces of culinary art requiring 12 hours of hard work, prayers and at least a stroke of luck (so that the dish does not collapse last minute before serving).

But sometimes true happiness can be obtained by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk and spreading it on sheets of wafers available in every supermarket.


















It's best after a day of resting in cold pressed by some heavy object to make wafers soak up with thick caramel and become gorgeously chewy...

















There's nothing more to write about. So simple ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I made this a couple of days ago and it was great! Simple and tasty, a good fix for a sweet tooth and perfect with a cup of tea. I found they're really yummy out of the freezer too. Thanks!

5:23 AM  
Blogger gagatka79 said...

Hi Linda
I'm glad you liked it - I must try this frozen version too since I'm an ice loving girl :)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home