12 April 2008

Very delayed Easter aftertaste























Provided that everybody has already forgotten Easter savors I am bringing up some colorful scents - that didn't squeeze into work schedule of last few weeks. But better later than never.

So the queen of traditional Polish Easter table: Yeast baba with lemon frosting - 10 eggs included.

















Now very sweet and crusty cherries mazurek - not my favorite, but a family must;


















Another mazurek: caramel inspiration - hard to believe but even more sticky and sweet... Was Easter invented by jobless dentists ???

















Poppy seed cake moist of apple purree for those who need more juices and spice... Not typical but adorable.


















Last, but not least, refreshing dessert cheesecake with aromatic orange whipped cream layer.


















ALL THE PICTURES BY J.PAVLINEC

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger www.ifoods.tv said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog. I love the clean design and fantastic photos. I am a blogger myself and always thought that design was key and you have certainly captured that! There are so many food blogs out there these days and being different to all the others is key. I have just started www.ifoods.tv which is a website for chefs, foodies and food bloggers to hand out, share recipes, photos and videos. When i was blogging I always thought i should be getting more traffic as my blog was getting lost in the masses of stuff out there so my new site is aimed at giving food bloggers and chefs a bigger platform! Hope you enjoy it and keep up the good writing and design here! I have now bookmarked you so will be regular reader, Cheers!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Scott at Real Epicurean said...

I love Polish cakes, it 's one of my favourite things each time I visit. In the UK we just don't have a great cake counter in each shop like you have :(

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those cakes sounds delicious...mouthwatering...yummy.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is a good blog! You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, Or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, wines, restaurant and recipes...why don't you visit us sometimes, if it's food you're interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't hesitate to check us out.

I hope to see you there.

Cheers!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home